God gives us a new nature when we put our faith in Christ Jesus.
He renews our minds and gives us the mind of Christ so that we can understand all the things that God has freely given us.
Yet so many never fully embrace the abundant life in Christ because their true identity gets lost amidst the lies and deceptions of this world.
As a result, they fail to grasp who the magnitude of who they are in Christ. My hope is that this short list of highlights will protect you from ever loosing sight of the glorious gift of God to those who believe in Jesus.
I encourage you to read this daily and reflect on it until it truly becomes woven into the fabric of your soul:
I am crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin.
- Romans 6:6 – Knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin.
I am set free from the law of sin and death.
- Romans 8:2 – For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.
- Ephesians 1:7 – In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.
I am no longer under condemnation by God.
- Romans 8:1 – Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
I am accepted by Christ.
- Romans 15:7 – Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.
I am fully justified in Christ.
- Romans 3:24 – Being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.
I am alive with Christ (born again).
- Ephesians 2:4–5 – But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).
I am a new creature in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God.
- Ephesians 1:4 – Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.
I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
- Ephesians 1:13 – In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise.
I have become the righteousness of God in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 – He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
My new self is righteous and holy.
- Ephesians 4:24 – Put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
I am light in the Lord.
- Ephesians 5:8 – You were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light.
I am a child of God.
- John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.
I am joined to the Lord and am one spirit with him.
- 1 Corinthians 6:17 – But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
I have been brought near to God.
- Ephesians 2:13 – But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
I am a friend of Jesus.
- John 15:15 – “No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.”
I am a member of Christ’s body and a partaker of his promise.
- Ephesians 3:6 – The Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
I am a fellow heir with Christ and predestined by God to obtain an inheritance.
- Romans 8:17 – And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
- Ephesians 1:10–11 – In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.
I completely free in Christ.
- Galatians 5:1 – It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
I am always victorious and triumphant in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 – But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
- Ephesians 1:3 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
I am complete in Christ.
- Colossians 2:10 – In Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority.
I am raised up with Christ.
- Colossians 3:1 – Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
I am seated in the heavenly places with Christ.
- Ephesians 2:6 – And raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
I am hidden with Christ in God.
- Colossians 3:3 – For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
I am called to be a saint.
- 1 Corinthians 1:2 – To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.
I am a temple of the Holy Spirit, who dwells in me.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 – Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
I am God’s workmanship created to produce good works.
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
I am a citizen of heaven.
- Philippians 3:20 – For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ.
- Ephesians 3:12 – In whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him.
The peace of God guards my heart and mind.
- Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
God supplies all my needs.
- Philippians 4:19 – And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Christ is my life, and I will be revealed with him in glory.
- Colossians 3:4 – When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
Special thanks to Kenneth Boa for his book “Conformed To His Image” from which I drew heavily for this list.
4 thoughts on “Protect Yourself From Spiritual Identity Theft”
I miss your blogging skills